Student Organization Directory
Here you’ll find a list of all our 240+ student organizations! Want to know more about student life here at Truman? Visit the Center for Student Involvement homepage!
Got a question? Try our FAQ page!
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can always contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (660)785-4222.
Academic Competition Organization
- Student Contact: Allyson Lotz
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Dr. Sally West
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://aco.truman.edu
- Organization Description: Academic Competition Organization, often known as Quiz Bowl in high school is an organization dedicated to playing trivia. Our team travels to tournaments throughout the Midwest and has placed at various tournaments.
Anime Club of Truman
- Student Contact: Megan Pontious
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Shinya Uchida
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://anime.truman.edu
- Organization Description: The Anime Club of Truman provides an opportunity for the viewing of Japanese Anime and strives to provide an environment for the discussion of Anime, Manga, and Japanese culture.
Best Buddies International
- Student Contact: Emily Merkle
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Dr. Lisa Goran
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/BestBuddiesTSU
- Organization Description: Best Buddies strives to integrate the Truman community with the special needs community to build long lasting friendships through peer-to-peer matches.
Beta Omega Beta
- Student Contact: Andrea Martin
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Luke Amoroso
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://betaomegabeta.wordpress.com
- Organization Description: Non-greek women's social organization at Truman State University that offers the closeness of a sorority while respecting and fostering individuality.
- Student Contact: Tina Ruedlin
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Barbara Kramer
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://bulldogbiodiesel.truman.edu
- Organization Description: This is a group for people who want to make a difference in the environment. Our group is responsible for producing 150 gallons of usable biodiesel every week. This fuel powers campus vehicles and machines.
Collegiate Farm Bureau
- Student Contact: Aimee McPherson
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Michael Seipel
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://facebook.com/collegiateFarmBureauTrumanstateuniveristy
- Organization Description: CFB is an organization that will help students have access to resources, professionals, and opportunities within the ag community
Environmental Campus Organization (ECO)
- Student Contact: Tierra Griffin, Jordan Goins
- Student Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Dr. Hooper
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://eco.truman.edu
- Organization Description: The Environmental Campus Organization (ECO) is a leader of Environmental activism at Truman State. ECO holds events to increase awareness on campus and lobbies for policy change to improve the environmental consciousness of Truman State. ECO has founded other now-independent organizations such as the Bike Coop and the Communiversity Garden.
Graduate Student Association
- Student Contact: Gerard Moranville
- Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Bethany Gibson
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Organization Description: Graduate Student Association is an organization for graduate students of all disciplines at Truman whose purpose is to offer interdisciplinary relationships and opportunities for organizational involvement at the graduate level.
ICE (Innovative, Creative, Entrepreneurship)
- Student Contact: Anthony Hill
- Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Anastasia Tiedemann
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Organization Description: ICE is a community of entrepreneurs from all majors. We help each other, challenge each other, and inspire each other to do greater things. ICE was created as a way to educate students about entrepreneurship, provide resources for members to start their businesses/organizations, and create a growing community of like-minded innovators and leaders.
Live Action Role Play Club
- Student Contact: Arin Jarman
- Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Jack Holcomb
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/trularp
- Organization Description: The LARP Club at Truman is a collection of individuals interested in creating games to play with a focus on medieval fantasy.
Mock Trial Club
- Student Contact: Jordan Vassel
- Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Marty Jayne
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://mocktrial.truman.edu
- Organization Description: Our organization strives to provide its members a better understanding of the justice system, foster critical thinking skills, enhance the ability to communicate in professional environments, build team work and to represent Truman State at a national level of intercollegiate competition
- Student Contact: Allison Barr
- Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Andrea Maag
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://phidelta.truman.edu
- Organization Description: Truman's only service and social sorority! Phi Delta are a group of fun-loving, intelligent and caring university women who have a true desire to serve others through numerous philanthropic and social events.
- Student Contact: Summer Fritz
- Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Sherri Palmer
- Advisor Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://prism.truman.edu
- Organization Description: An open social organization focusing on LGBTQ rights interests.
Role Playing Games Club (RPG Club)
- Student Contact: Ekaterina Nickless
- Student Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisor Contact: Scott Thatcher
- Advisor Email: thatcher@Truman.edu
- Website: http://steamcommunity.com/group/tsurpgc
- Organization Description: We are a group dedicated to stretching our minds and expanding our creative and analytical skills through the use of cooperative storytelling in the forms of role-playing games, board games, and the like. We are an open club: all can join and we promote inter-organizational cooperation.
Society of the Prim Roses
- Student Contact: Maria Fisher
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Chad Whittom
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://primrosefrogs.wixsite.com/primrose
- Organization Description: The Society of the Prim Roses are an organization made of unique young women who treasure friendship, individuality, and sisterhood.
- Student Contact: Anthony Tabacci
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Teak Nelson
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://tsuquidditchmemories.weebly.com
- Organization Description: This team will provide sport activities and fan/analytical discussions of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter" book series for a magical time.
Stargazers Astronomy Club
- Student Contact: Tatsuya Akiba
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Vayujeet Gokhale
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://stargazers.truman.edu
- Organization Description: Stargazers is a friendly, casual club for anyone who is interested in astronomy. We host open houses at the university observatory, enjoy discussing the nigh sky, and love watch sci-fi movies.
Students for Life
- Student Contact: Grace Malinee
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Andrea Davis
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://sfl.truman.edu
- Organization Description: A secular group of students committed to supporting the pro life ideal that every human from conception to natural death deserves life.
Students for Middle East Peace
- Student Contact: Megan Kraus
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Dr. Mark Appold
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization Description: Students for Middle East Peace is an organization devoted to raising awareness of issues in the region, as well as supporting Middle East humanitarian organizations.
Students for Social Change (Sociology Club)
- Student Contact: Samantha Matthews
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Chandrika Collins
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization Description: Students for Social Change's mission is to raise awareness on campus of injustices that occur worldwide by having film festivals, volunteering, and tabling.
The Gaming League
- Student Contact: Corey McNab
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Don Bindner
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization Description: The Gaming League is an organization that showcases casual and competitive video game play. We welcome all games and all skill levels.
- Student Contact: Lisa Simms
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Jay Self
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization Description: Upchuckles is Truman's own stand-up comedy club. Students have the opportunity to write, practice, and perform their material at various events and venues in the Kirksville area.
Wildlife Association at Truman
- Student Contact: Anthony Rogers
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Dr. Ben Wodika
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://wildlife.truman.edu
- Organization Description: Wildlife Society sponsors events that promote animal appreciation, support animal causes, and educate ourselves and the public about conservation.
Women's Resource Center
- Student Contact: Nicole Batinick
- Student Email: email@example.com
- Advisor Contact: Nancy Dailey-Moore
- Advisor Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://wrc.truman.edu
- Organization Description: The center strives to educate the community on issues facing modern women, particularity those of the Truman Community